Last year I started seeing auras.
I was in my very first reiki 1 training class (just a pup). Sage was burning, oracle cards were scattered, pillars of selenite surrounded the doors, and a group of like-minded people filled the room. I sat in a chair encircled by other students while the teacher sat at the front of the room. The walls were white and the space was open, light pouring in from the windows.
In this particular moment I remember feeling slightly strange, somewhat woozy, and flying high from the environment of this classroom. I looked up at the teacher and she was encompassed by an inch of white light. I rubbed my eyes and looked up at her again. Yup, she was still glowing with white light. I looked around the room and everyone was covered by an inch of pure, beaming, beautiful rays of light.
I must be tripping.
I held my hand up in the air and stared at it. I too was glowing.
I went outside and tried again. With the notion of maybe that room had something spooky going on inside. Low and behold, while outdoors I could see this white light on myself and others.
That night I went home and began the research. I spent the next few months learning everything I could learn about this mystery light. It is called the etheric body. To quote the dictionary: “The etheric body, ether body, aether body. The first or lowest layer in the human energy field or aura.”
In the months that followed (and if the conditions were right) I began to see other layers of the aura (there are 7) and other colors on people. What do I mean by the “right conditions”? Well, at this moment in my life I can only see auras when: 1. The light is very bright indoors or outside. 2. In the complete dark. No light at all. 3. In a highly charged energetic situation. Think meditation class, yoga retreat, and sacred or religious space. 4. Or when I’m surrounded by highly open, conscious, aware, and like-minded people.
I felt more in my element that day at reiki 1 class then I ever have before. I knew in that moment that long nights of drinking, mundane 3D conversations, and anything that did not support my spirituality would no longer serve a purpose in my life. Seeing the etheric body on people that day forever changed my life. I learned that I have spiritual gifts that I need to embrace. I learned there is so much more out there that isn’t necessarily accepted by our society and even accepted by science (yet). I always innately knew this information was vibrant and very much alive yet it was a damn wonderful experience getting physical proof. I no longer question anything that spiritually comes to me. I let it flow. I seek information. I seek experiences. I am forever grateful for my gifts!
The aura is the electromagnetic field that surrounds the human body (human energy field), every organism, and object in the Universe. The Human Energy Field is a collection of electromagnetic energies in varying in densities that permeates through, in, out, and around the physical body of a living person. These particles of energy are suspended around the healthy human body in an oval shaped field. This “auric egg”, as many call it, emits out from the body approximately 2-6 feet on all sides. It extends above the head and below the feet into the ground.
The aura consists of seven layers or auric bodies. Each one of the subtle bodies that exist around the physical body has its own unique frequency. They are interrelated and affect one another and the person’s feelings, emotions, thinking, behavior, and health. Therefore a state of imbalance in one of the bodies leads to a state of imbalance in the others. Stay balanced folks!
Layers/Bodies of the Aura
1. Etheric:This is the first layer closest to your physical body. It emanates from the root or first chakra and forms the connection between your physical and higher bodies. It extends anywhere from ¼ of an inch to two inches outside the physical body. This layer can indicate potential diseases that will develop in the physical body.
2. Emotional:This layer corresponds to the solar plexus chakra and resides about one to three inches away from the body. This is where your emotions come into play. How you feel or perceive your feelings will show up on this layer. Any blocks or negative emotions will be seen here, usually as holes or dark spots.
3. Mental:The third layer relates to the solar plexus chakra and is dependent upon the vibrations or your thoughts and mental processes. It extends about three to eight inches away from the body. This layer is influenced by your ego and will power. If you have any self-doubts or limiting beliefs, they will show up here. Likewise if you are confused or lack mental clarity, this layer will be out of balance.
4. Astral:The astral body relates to the heart or fourth chakra and is located about twelve inches from the physical body. This layer brings together the lower three and the higher three auric layers, acting as a bridge between the denser physical vibrations and the higher spiritual ones. It is also called the astral body or the entrance to the astral plane. This is considered the layer of love. Here we understand and express our feelings and relationships with others. Although the second layer pertains to emotions, the fourth gets into the higher octaves of care and compassion. Negative expressions can result in judgments and attacks on the self and others.
5. Manifestation (Etheric Template):This layer corresponds to the throat or fifth chakra and extends about eighteen inches from the physical body. Here is where you manifest things out of ether into the world. It is the blueprint for everything you create on the physical plane, including your identity or personality. Negative effects can result in changes on this layer that eventually show up as negative thoughts, emotions, physical disease and distorted personality aspects.
6. Celestial (Holographic): The third eye or sixth chakra corresponds with this layer, approximately twenty-four inches away from the physical body. Your perception and intuition are highlighted here. Projections and illusions can be understood or distorted based on positive or negative vibrations. Since we exist in a hologram, (more on that later) how you perceive it depends on your consciousness and connection with the divine.
7. I Am (Ketheric Template): The seventh and final layer is associated with the crown chakra, our ultimate connection with all that is. While the sixth layer is also higher consciousness, the seventh represents unity consciousness: the point where you and the Universe become one. It extends about three feet away from the body. Negative expressions on this level result in feelings of superiority, isolation and separation from God, others and even the self. Conversely, divine expression will result in true bliss and serenity.
So, you’ve just gone to your local crystal shop and they have Kirlian Photography. You can now see the colors of your aura. What the heck does it all mean? Don’t fret if you have an aura color that you dislike or don’t understand. Auras can easily change with time, healing, healthy lifestyles, and awareness. In 2007 I had my aura picture taken and it was the most beautiful and vibrant purple with silver sparkles. It was gorgeous and I didn’t understand at the time that I was holding an actual key to my very being. Now eight years later, my aura is bright blue and green, with just a tiny bit of purple and white sparkles. Here’s your color guide:
Aura Color Meanings
RED (deep): Grounded, realistic, active, strong will power, survival-oriented.
RED (muddied): Unresolved anger issues.
RED (clear): Powerful, energetic, competitive, sexual, passionate.
PINK (light, bright): Loving, tender, sensitive, sensual, artistic, affection, purity, compassion. Can indicate clairaudience.
PINK (dark, muddied): Immature and dishonest nature.
ORANGE RED: Confidence, creative power. Can indicate a healthy ego.
ORANGE: The color of vitality, vigor, good health and excitement. Lots of energy and
ORANGE YELLOW: Creative, intelligent, detail oriented, perfectionist, scientific.
YELLOW: Awakening, inspiration, intelligence and action shared, creative, playful, optimistic, easy-going.
YELLOW (light, pale): Emerging physic and spiritual awareness, optimism and hopefulness, positive excitement about new ideas.
YELLOW (bright, lemon): Struggling to maintain power and control in a personal or business relationship, fear of losing control, prestige, respect, and power.
GOLD (clear, shinny): Spiritual energy and power activated and awakened, an inspired person.
GOLD (dark, brown): A student or one who is straining themselves with their studies, overly analytical to the point of feeling fatigued or stressed, trying to learn everything all at once to a fault.
GREEN: Comfortable, healthy color of nature. Represents growth and balance, and something that leads to change. Love of people, animals, and nature. A teacher, social, can inspire change for the good.
GREEN (bright, emerald): A healer, a love-centered person.
GREEN (yellow): Creative with heart, communicative.
GREEN (dark, muddied, forest): Jealousy, resentment, feeling like a victim of the world, blaming self or others, insecurity and low self-esteem, lack of understanding personal responsibility, sensitive to perceived criticism.
BLUE: Cool, calm, and collected. Caring, loving, love to help others, sensitive, intuitive.
BLUE (soft): Peacefulness, clarity and communication, truthful, intuitive.
BLUE (bright, royal): Clairvoyant, highly spiritual nature, generous, on the right path, new opportunities are coming.
BLUE (dark, muddied): Fear of the future, fear of self-expression, fear of facing or speaking the truth.
INDIGO: Intuitive, sensitive, deep feeling.
VIOLET: The most sensitive and wisest of colors. This is the intuitive color in the aura, and reveals physic powers. Intuitive, visionary, futuristic, idealistic, artistic, magical.
LAVENDER: Imagination, visionary, daydreamer, etheric.
SILVER: Abundance, both spiritual and physical. Lots of bright silver can reflect to plenty of money and an awakening of the cosmic mind.
GRAY (dark, muddied): Residue of fear is accumulating in the body, with a potential for health problems, especially if gray clusters seen in specific areas of the body.
GOLD: The color of enlightenment and divine protection. Protection, wisdom, inner knowledge, spiritual mind, intuitive thinker.
BLACK: Draws or pulls energy to it and in so doing so transforms it. It captures light and consumes it. Usually indicates long-term un-forgivingness (toward others or self) collected in a specific area of the body, which can lead to health problems. Also can reflect past life karma that needs to be healed.
WHITE: God like, a pure state of light, ascended master. Spiritual, etheric and non-physical virtues, transcendent, higher dimensions. Purity and truth, angelic qualities.
WHITE (sparkles in aura): Or flashes of white light, angels are nearby, guides and other entities are protecting you. In some cases can indicate that the person is pregnant or will be soon.
EARTH (soil, wood, mineral, plant): Love of the earth, of being grounded and is seen in those who live and work on the outdoors. May have connection to elemental beings.
RAINBOWS (Stripes): That stick out like sunbeams from the hand, head or body. A Reiki healer or a starseed.
PASTELS: A sensitive blend of light and color, more so than basic colors. Shows sensitivity and a need for serenity.
DIRTY BROWN OVERLAY: Holding on to energies, insecure.
DIRTY GRAY OVERLY: Blocking energies, guarded.
Learn how to see your own aura: click here
Here’s a wonderful book on using your aura knowledge to attain what you desire: click here